Five Key Findings in Australian MidMarket acquisitions in 2016
- The most active sectors are consumer discretionary and industrial. The two comprise of around 42% of all private and public acquisitions.
- 26% of Australian company acquisitions came from overseas buyers, with the UK and the USA being the most active buyers.
- 10% of all acquisitions undertaken by Australian acquirers were of overseas companies.
- The most commonly stated reasons for acquisitions are product expansion, diversification (51%), economies of scale (17%) and geographic expansion (17%).
- At least 10% of all transactions involved some form of earnout.